Web Engineer (Tools)
Wooga – Berlin, DE
Wooga are looking for a Web Engineer to work on a variety of projects (including tools) to efficiently manage content and live operations for all Wooga games. You will work side-by-side with diverse stakeholders and clients, developing tools that their game teams need to keep bringing delightful story-driven games to millions of players around the globe.
You can expect your day-to-day to include…
- Developing web-based (React js) tools to manage, analyse, and optimise live operations for Wooga’s live games
- Working on internal tools based on typescript, electron, node, react, and bootstrap, to drive content for their story-driven games
- Extending their internal tools and pipelines to improve marketing and user acquisition KPIs
- Working together with backend and data engineering teams to develop management interfaces for internal services
- Building internal dashboards that aggregate live data from different sources (google, GitHub, artifactory, s3), combining it with a state-of-the-art bootstrap react interface (no CSS!), to observe and interact with their custom build infrastructure for their own SDKs, games, and documentations
- Configuring and optimising web-pack builds
- Developing new APIs for consumption by their game teams
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role…
- Several years of experience as a software engineer
- You know your way around API design
- Passionate about the user experience
- Driven to create intuitive and efficient tool workflows to solve complex problems
Bonus XP if you have the following…
- Experience building content creation tools
- Basic skills with the unity game engine
The perks and benefits available include…
- Generous relocation package and home search support
- Significant education budget and extra days off for self-development
- Quarterly bonuses
- German language classes for you and your significant other
Wooga are one of the most successful story-driven, casual game developers around, with the majority of their titles reaching over a million active daily users just a few weeks after release. They are also the studio behind Bubble Island, one of the most played social games ever!
They were recently rated in the top 1% of the best companies to work for in Germany, which is no small feat, and they benefit from being part of the massive Playtika group.
Their drive toward creating an environment of inclusiveness and providing people with a real sense of belonging (thanks in part to their relocation support), has resulted in them having grown to over 300 employees from 50 different countries in the past few years.
If you'd like to hear more about this role or this studio, please get in touch!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.