PortalOne – Oslo, NO
Portal One are looking for an exceptional VFX Artist / CG Generalist who has the skill set and experience required in order to create cutting edge visual effects in Unreal for mobile and high-end AAA productions.
The role requires a solid technical foundation and demonstrable generalist skills in related areas such as 3D modeling, texturing, shader authoring and Unreal blueprints.
PortalOne develop mobile-first “hybrid games” that combine games and live shows to give users a more engaging games experience, with stunning visuals and interactivity.
This convergence of entertainment forms means that our workforce is a mix of people from diverse industries, all working as a single team to create new workflows and pipelines to support production and delivery of next generation gaming entertainment. With founders and colleagues who have pioneered #1 hits in the gaming, film and TV industries around the world, Portal One has a culture of embracing challenge and breaking through barriers to bring great entertainment to life.
Your role and your responsibilities will include…
- Creating and implementing real-time particle effects and animated shaders in Unreal
- Handling all elements pertaining to VFX creation, including 3D modelling, texturing, animation, lighting and asset optimisation to allow for smooth real-time performance
- Contributing on art-related areas such as 3D modelling, texturing, set dressing and performance optimisation for high-end VR and mobile platforms
- Working closely with the art director, game designers, programmers and others members of the team to conceptualise and materialise new visual effects and other graphic elements, from prototype to final implementation
For this role, you will need…
- A minimum of 3 years of recent relevant professional experience
- A solid understanding of real-time 3D game engines and industry-standard art production pipelines
- Deep familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 and its relevant systems, particularly: In-depth knowledge of Unreal’s Cascade and Niagara particle systems
- Experience in scripting with Unreal Blueprints
- Strong communication skills, self-motivation and a high degree of flexibility, with the ability to adopt a generalist mindset and work independently across multiple related disciplines when needed
- Full-working proficiency and fluency in English (ability to discuss work-related tasks verbally and in written form)
- Experience using Blender for 3D asset creation
- Familiarity with Substance Painter/Designer, Photoshop, and similar software
- Ability to create conceptual images/sketches or animations for visual effects and other types of assets
- A passion for games and animation
Just some of the benefits of working with PortalOne include…
- A competitive salary
- 25 paid vacation days per year, plus public holidays
- 35 weeks of paid maternity and 10 weeks of paid paternity leave
- Pension program
- Healthcare insurance
- Paid mobile phone subscription
- Paid gym membership
At PortalOne, you will be working in an environment that is supportive, team-oriented, and collaborative. Your work will have a direct influence on the development of their products. In addition to the professional growth opportunities and general benefits, joining the PortalOne team also offers some nice lifestyle perks. You get arcade machines, ping pong, networking, social activities and a creative atmosphere all in one package.
Oslo itself offers the opportunity to easily combine an urban lifestyle with outdoor pursuits. The full range of European cultural offerings comes with the city, but with the added benefit of numerous summer and winter sporting activities just a subway ride away.
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Liam at +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now!