Build a Rocket Boy Games – Edinburgh, UK
Build a Rocket Boy Games are looking for a talented Vehicle Artist to join their team in Edinburgh, UK! To be successful in this role, you'll need to be experienced in your field and passionate about the creation of cars and other hard surface vehicle assets.
You will have a solid understanding of the modelling and texturing process combined with an extensive understanding and appreciation for real world industrial and vehicle design.
Working closely with Lead Vehicle Artist and the Art Director you will model and texture a wide range of vehicle assets to populate an immersive and large MMO experience. As part of an experienced vehicle art team you will show attention to detail and join them in world class execution.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Working closely with the Lead Vehicle Artist to create high quality, high resolution 3D Vehicles
- Ensuring vehicle assets conform to the defined technical and artistic requirements.
- Implementing, reviewing and refining outsourced vehicle assets
- Collaboration with technical artists to ensure a realistic implementation of the in-game assets
- Creating within the defined relevant shader set ups to maximise in game fidelity
- Liaison with production staff to manage personal deliverables, ensuring they meet the defined objectives, defined quality bar, and schedule
- Being open to and develop from feedback given by senior team members
- Maintaining quality and consistency across your work to meet objectives, quality bar, and schedule
- Implementing feedback from Lead Vehicle Artist and Art Director
- Implementing and review final vehicles in the game engine.
- Creating best practice assets as guided by senior artists.
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A track record in the creation of high quality, high resolution 3D Vehicles, UV maps and textures
- A background in the creation of PBR, normal map and texture creation
- A familiarity with texture authoring tools such as Substance.
- Professional development as a Vehicle Artist in the games industry to be reflected in seniority
- An excellent understanding of hard surface/vehicle shaders
- An adept hard surface modelling ability
- Extensive expertise with current 3D modelling tools such as 3ds Max, Maya or equivalent.
- An excellent understanding of industrial and vehicle design.
- Sculpting ability in Zbrush or similar is a plus
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude
- Fluent English skills, both written and verbal
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams.
- Ability to mentor junior amd Co-Dev team members depending on seniority
- UE4 blueprint creation experience a big plus
- UE4 material creation experience a big plus
If you are interested in applying for this role or discussing your specific situation in a confidential way, get it touch!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777