Ubisoft Toronto – Toronto, CA
Ubisoft Toronto are searching for a UX Director to join their team! Want to shape a brand new, large-scale AAA title with Ubisoft? This is a rare opportunity to join at the conception of a future giant of an IP.
As a UX Director on this project, you will be a key figure in aiding the development of a new game IP through creating systems and features that empower players to create their own content. This content can be played with friends and/or shared with the wider community of players.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Developing, communicating, and maintaining the project's vision
- Working with the Core Leadership Team to understand the game vision and be the representative of said vision within your area of ownership
- Collaboration with Core Leadership and your cross-disciplinary UX team to build and communicate a shared vision of the desired User Experience of the game
- Frequently communicating plans and progress with relevant teams spanning the project, including HQ and development teams in other worldwide locations
- Partnering with the User Research team to understand the player, and use this intelligence to guide the direction and design decisions
- Reviewing the team’s work, providing clear and actionable feedback that refers back to the game vision, UX direction, and User Research data
- Keeping up to date on industry trends and best practices, while also looking beyond games in search of valuable insights
- Advancing the UX Discipline within the Studio
- Participating in recruitment efforts with a view to building out an excellent UX team with a broad range of skills and experience
- Leveraging your experience to build expertise in the studio through training and mentoring UX designers through the course of your daily interactions with them
- Managing team members and thus have the responsibility to ensure each team member’s growth and success through setting goals and providing regular constructive feedback
- Hands-on design and prototyping, especially in the early stages of the project;
- Collaboration with Programming, Art, Production, and QC teams during the design process to ensure designs are solid and feasible
- Selecting the right tool for the job to ensure efficient process and communication
- Ensuring the work of UX designers on the team is clear, well-thought-out and aligned with the established UX Direction
This role requires at least 5 years of UX Design work in a professional environment as well as credits on shipped games in a leadership role.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, get in touch now!
Interested in this role? Want to know more? Get in touch with Lawrie Brennan on 01709 834777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org