Unreal Programmer (Remote)
Virtex VR – London, UK
***This role can be worked either in-studio or remotely from anywhere in the UK or Europe.***
Virtex VR are looking for a Unreal Programmer to join their Virtex Stadium platform team to implement key platform features in addition to solving important technical challenges throughout development.
Virtex VR are an ambitious start-up who are creating a VR stadium application to make the dream of allowing Esports fans to view gameplay live, in 3D at the centre of a virtual stadium, a reality – something that's not been possible before in any other medium. They want fans to experience the intense excitement and joy only a live event with a crowd can provide, making this a rare opportunity to help shape a next generation VR platform.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- The implementation and improvement of a variety of fast and efficient core software using Unreal Engine 4.
- Tools creation and maintaining code quality.
- The maintenance and building of code using C++
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A background working with Unreal Engine and an interest in online multiplayer applications, managing server infrastructure and game-as-service features
- 3+ years of professional development in the videogames industry
- An ability to do R&D independently and break ground in new territory
- In-depth comprehension of modern C++/Blueprints
- Solid technical experience with and/or knowledge of JSON, REST, Socket & Websocket standards
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem-solving capabilities
Bonus point if you have…
- Experience working with Amazon Gamelift, Epic Online Services, Oculus or Steam Platforms.
- An understanding of modern video and media standards
- Good knowledge of Slate and UMG.
- Expertise developing or shipping Unreal Engine Plugins (Content or Code)
- Passion for Esports, VR or live events
Just some of the benefits of working with Virtex VR include…
- The ability to work fully remotely from anywhere in the UK or Europe
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support to UK including budget if you are interested in moving to London and working from the studio/office
- The latest VR equipment for all team members.
- Stock Options
- A Play Fund to support you exploring games and other social apps.
- Workplace pension scheme for UK residents
Curious to learn more?
Drop Phil an email or call to get the ball rolling!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777