Unreal Engine Developer
Imagination is an independent creative agency with 19 offices worldwide and award-winning results. They are united by a belief in the creative power of the mind and the transformative value of
experiences. They create effective engagement that builds relationships between people and brands, products and services. They deliver greater value for their clients. They do so by transforming business through creativity.
Now they're looking for an Unreal Engine Developer to join their studio team. You'll be working with a group of designers, UX architects, creative technologists, developers, hardware specialists, project and account Management staff.
To succeed in this role. you should have a broad technical knowledge, a passion for realtime development, and a solid foundation in fundamental building blocks of code. You will be focused on prototyping, pitches, and practical demos, as well as immersive realtime projects for live events and virtual production.
Does this sound like you?
- Excitement for and understanding of realtime technology
- Great attention to detail
- Calm under pressure with a positive attitude
- An excellent understanding of realtime workflows and pipelines
If so, we want to hear from you!
Your day-to-day will involve the following tasks:
- Design and build software for immersive, realtime experiences
- Prototype and build cutting edge Unreal Engine virtual production tools
- Work on prototypes to demonstrate new capabilities to the accounts team and their clients
- Collaborate with the development team to create new installations and grow your abilities
- Work alongside third party suppliers to extend the capabilities of their in-house team
- May be required to go on-site to global destinations, multiple times a year
The skills and XP you'll need:
- A proven Unreal Engine 4 developer with examples of shipped software
- Agency or games company experience
- Used to quality software creation with lean deadlines
- The confidence to express ideas as part of a creative team
- Experience in creating modular code using Blueprints and you will have a passion for good code standards and patterns (no stuffing all the code into the level blueprint)
- The ability to work with light 3D asset creation in the absence of a 3D modeller for rapid prototyping
- Experience with VR, AR, and/or MR development
- Understanding of source control, including GIT or Perforce
- Have worked with third party technical suppliers
The following will earn you application BONUS POINTS:
- Experience creating multiplayer experiences or games with some understanding of cooperative game networking
- Some C++ programming ability and the desire to learn
- Software ‘installation’ experience
- Experience with other game engines, including Unity
Interested in learning more?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777