C++ Unreal Developer
Dominic Harris Studios – London, UK
How would you like to use your programming skills in the creation of fine art pieces that utilise everything from AI, Machine Learning and Computer Vision, to 3D technology and Animation?
This is a rare opportunity to join an internationally renowned art studio that specialises in interactive artworks and large kinetic sculptures. As the new C++ Unreal Developer you will take ownership of projects, and get involved in creative development and R&D across a range of initiatives.
Dominic Harris Studios was founded in 2007 in Notting Hill, London. Dominic and his team design, engineer, code and fabricate artworks and installations which are exhibited at art and design fairs across the globe. It is an especially exciting time to join the studio as they prepare to undertake a range of new projects, with exhibitions planned in 2021.
Working with a small, close knit team of 20 people comprised of software, 3D, animation, motion capture, electronics, and production professionals, you will be designing and building custom creative solutions and tools, as well as designing new forms of interaction with digital works of art.
Your input and ideas will have a direct impact on the end products, and you will enjoy a wide variety of projects.
The skills and experience you'll need include:
- Solid knowledge of Unreal Engine (UE4) including tools, pipeline, and animation
- Extensive knowledge and experience of programming with C++, particularly C++ with Unreal
- Solid understanding of computer graphics
- Experience with integration with Animators, 3D artists and pipelines
Not essential, but highly desirable additional experience:
- Unity, particularly an understanding of previous versions, changes, and bugs (for legacy projects)
- Particle simulation systems
- Shaders, particularly Shader code like Vertex, Compute and Pixel
- AI / Machine Learning / Computer Vision – e.g., skeleton tracking system
- Scripting languages for 3D i.e., Maxscript
- An understanding of BASH/BATCH
- Understanding of animation pipeline (including working with data from Houdini, and working with animation/rigging data, etc)
Interested? if you'd like to hear more about the role or studio email me at email@example.com or call me on (+44) 01709 834777.