Unreal Console Engineer
Warp Digital – London, UK
We are working with a brilliant and emerging talent in the world of game development for this exciting role. Warp Digital functions partly as a work-for-hire and porting house, and is also hard at work on their own IP. If you’re looking for variety, you can’t go wrong with a multi-platform studio which gets to work with the likes of Sony and Nintendo!
They are a small team who are both close-knit, and endlessly supportive. Many of the developers have over 15 years of industry experience, so you won't need to go far to tap into fantastic skills and learn from the best. They are on an upward curve, with plans to expand and grow over the next few years. That's where YOU come in.
You will work closely with third party developers and other members of the team to co-develop a title for next-generation platforms. You will be part of the console team working on a large-scale survival title, set in the Dune universe.
Your day-to-day will involve the following:
- Work with a team of highly skilled programmers in an interesting and challenging PC/console project using Unreal Engine
- Implement and develop UE4 platform systems and support performance on console platforms
- Liaising with other team members to schedule and complete tasks to a high quality
The perks and benefits include:
- Fair working hours – They believe in a good work/life balance, so they offer a crunch-free environment
- Holiday allowance – They offer 25 days annual leave entitlement, plus all eight UK bank holidays
- Annual salary review – Every year they will review and consider everyone’s salary for increase
- Company pension – Employer contribution matching the UK government automatic enrolment scheme
- Continued learning – They offer free Udemy courses at any experience level, for those wanting to go deeper
- Quarterly events – Join them every quarter as they take a load off for a fun event, meal, and drinks
- Project wrap parties – It’s important to celebrate the victories, when your project ends you can look forward to a well-deserved meal and drinks
- Food and drink – Free tea, coffee, soft drinks, and food all available in their office fridge
- Central London location – All of the above is available in their fantastic central London space, only two stops from London Bridge
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Expert in C and C++
- Strong skills in Unreal Engine 4 (C, C++, and Blueprints)
- 2+ years commercial experience developing video games on console or PC platforms
- Development experience on console platforms
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
The following will earn you BONUS POINTS:
- Prior experience working on AAA multiplayer/open world titles
- Experience with client-server logic
- Comfortable working remotely with a third-party development partner
Interested in learning more about this role?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777