Unity Software Engineer (Remote Options)
Thoughtfish – Berlin, DE
***This role can be worked either from the Berlin studio or remotely from anywhere in Germany***
Thoughtfish are currently on the lookout for a Unity Software Engineer to join their team to work on the development of their next game, as well as get involved in the AR development platform down the line. As part of this small, tight-nit team, you will have the opportunity to work on all aspects of the game design in an environment where you ideas and input make a difference!
Interested in working on the creation of original AR games and rapid AR game development platforms?
Having started in 2013, Thoughtfish is a privately held mobile game & game tech development studio based in Berlin, who pride themselves in creating mobile free-to-play games are all original concepts.
They have also created an AR development platform that removes the technical hurdles of creating AR games and apps, that took the original creators of Pokemon Go years to overcome, thus opening up the world of AR to everyone.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Generating original ideas towards all aspects of software and game development
- Collaborating closely with artists and game designers
- Developing and maintaining tools for pipeline optimisation
- Low level profiling and optimisation, writing memory and mobile friendly code
The skills and experience you'll need…
- At least 2 years of professional development with mobile game industry
- A specialisation in shaders, animation, lighting, and FX on mobile devices
- Excellent (English) communication skillset and team work Capability
- Comprehensive knowledge of Unity and extensive experience in C#
- Strong analytical mindset and proficiency for debugging
- A background optimising memory and space usage for support of older hardware
- An ability to constantly learn and stay in touch with evolving game standards, development technologies and architectural patterns
- In-depth understanding of object-oriented programming
- A knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Proficiency with code versioning tools such as Git
Bonus points if you have skills in…
- C++ and JS
- Unreal 4 Engine
- NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Cloud backend services such as Firebase or Gamesparks
Just some of the benefits of working with Thoughtfish include…
- Transparent salary with regular, fixed increases
- A positive feedback-culture featuring appreciation of your work, motivation, and room for mistakes
- Cool and unique projects
- An appreciation for applicants with all backgrounds, working parents and the need for a proper work-life balance
Interested to learn more?
Want to learn more about this studio and opportunity?
Call Phil Boltt on +441709 834 777 or email email@example.com