Unity Console Engineer
Warp Digital – London, UK
We’re working with a brilliant emerging talent in the world of indie game development. This studio functions partly as a work-for-hire and porting house, and is also hard at work on their own IP. If you’re looking for variety, you can’t go wrong with a multi-platform studio which gets to work with the likes of Sony and Nintendo!
They are a small team who are both close-knit, and endlessly supportive. Most of the developers here have over 15 years of industry experience and they're on an upward curve with plans to expand and grow over the next few years.
As a Unity Console Engineer, you will work closely with third party developers, and with other members of the team, to port and co-develop titles. You'll be optimising, adding new platform-specific functionality, and updating any console compliance requirements.
Your other day-to-day tasks will include:
- Developing and converting program code between console platforms
- Implementing platform specific functionality and features
- Optimising and maintaining existing code
- Liaising with other team members to schedule and complete tasks to a high quality
- Implementing platform specific code
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Expert in C#
- Experience working with cross-platform codebases
- A good understanding of 3D mathematics, as well as 2D/3D graphics and rendering techniques
- A minimum of 2 years commercial experience developing video games on console
- Expert in Unity3D (version 5 or above)
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise
- Strong knowledge of optimisation tools and techniques
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
The following will earn your application BONUS POINTS:
- Experience porting video games between modern video game platforms (for example, Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch or PC)
- Capable with scripting languages (Python, Lua)
- Comfortable with working with third party middleware (network, physics, audio, effects)
- Experience working on mobile platforms (iOS, Android, PS Vita)
The studio will offer you in return:
- 25 days annual leave entitlement, plus eight bank holidays
- Annual salary review
- Free Udemy courses, at any experience level, for those wanting to go deeper
- Celebratory social events
- Fantastic central London studio, only two stops from London Bridge
Interested in learning more about this role?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777