UI Tech Programmer
Guerrilla Games – Amsterdam, Netherlands
Guerrilla Games are currently looking for a UI Tech Programmer to join their internal UI Team and contribute to their Decima Engine Tool and improving their AAA game UI’s. As a member of the UI Team, you will work together with Game and UI Programmers and Designers to constantly improve the abilities and add new features to build UI’s in the Decima Engine
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Maintaining and extending the current UI framework, optimising its performance
- Writing clear, maintainable, and scalable C++ code
- Actively listening to programmers and designers to generate new ideas to improve their current UI toolset
- Implementing and optimising the widgets used to realize the user interface
The skills and experience you'll need to succeed…
- At least 5 years previous experience as a programmer in the games industry or related
- Excellent software design capabilities
- An aptness for optimise code for performance, size, scalability and clarity
- Comfortable working within a very large existing codebase and toolsets
- A deep understanding of modern game UI or animation creation tools (like Unity, Unreal UMG or Adobe After Effects)
- A creative and technical vision for tools development, and a real passion for quality tools
- A passion for games and developing games
Bonus points if you have…
- Any experience in other areas such as animation, shader programming, visual scripting and UI asset pipelines
- Knowledge of 3D and graphics-related algorithms
The perks and benefits you'll enjoy…
- Commuting allowance (paid in full for public transport)
- Profit share bonuses, milestone bonuses, and a yearly discretionary bonus
- On-site cafeteria
- Pension scheme and health insurance
- 25-day holiday allowance, excluding Dutch public holidays
- Training and development opportunities
- Sony product discounts and free first-party games
Started 21 years ago and based in the heart of the beautiful city of Amsterdam, Guerrilla Games are best known for the AAA game series' Killzone (multiplayer FPS) and the visually stunning Horizon Zero Dawn.
They are a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Interactive, and employ more than 400 people from across 25 different nationalities. Their flat structure creates an environment in which every employee is able to have their ideas and opinions heard. Not only do they provide free accommodation for the first two months, but they also help with everything from work permits, setting up a bank account, and applying for the much coveted 30% tax-free salary allowance.
If first-class games, beautiful open worlds, exhilarating combat, and incredible storylines get your blood pumping, then contact us!
Interested in learning more about this opportunity?
Get in touch with me!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777