UI Artist (Remote Options)
Build a Rocket Boy – Edinburgh, UK
Build a Rocket Boy are on the lookout for a UI Artist to join their team! As Build A Rocket Boy's new UI Artist, you will work closely with the UI Art team, Programmers, and Designers to create high-quality adaptable UI vital to their game. You will be a valuable part of the project, helping to define the core interface experience including, visual development, usability, and accessibility.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure. They are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. They're a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
Right now is a great time to join the studio as Build a Rocket Boy approach a pivotal time growing their UI team and defining their pipeline. You will have the opportunity to have a noticeable impact on their high-quality, ground-breaking game!
As a UI Artist, you will…
- Build world-class functional UI working closely with game designers, UI Artists, and Programmers
- Implement UI widgets and systems in Unreal Engine UMG UI Designer
- Ensure UI correctly adapts to various screen shapes and resolutions with appropriate anchoring and scaling
- Build upon existing and new wireframes for review and approval
- Work with UI programmers to implement and optimise runtime UI
- Collaborate with UI artists and designers to realise and polish player experiences
- Document UI/UX pipelines and workflows
For this role, you'll need…
- 2+ years professional experience working in a similar capacity within the games industry
- In-depth knowledge of UI and UX principles
- Experience using Adobe suite
- Familiarity with UI software architecture patterns (e.g. MVVM)
- Hands on experience with Unreal Engine UMG UI Designer or other game UI systems (Unity UI etc)
- Proficiency with Source Control software, preferably Perforce
- Working knowledge of wireframing tools and digital content creation tools used for UI
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong communication skills with the capability to successfully work across multiple teams
- A positive collaborative and professional working attitude
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Liam on +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now!