UI Artist (Global Remote)
Gala Games – San Francisco, US
Gala Games are looking for a UI Artist/Designer to bring the user interfaces of Mirandus to life!
Mirandus is an epic fantasy RPG set in a massive world ruled by five player-monarchs. In game, players have absolute freedom of choice: they can set out into the wilderness alone to try their fortunes against the monsters of the deep woods and dungeons, join with one of the monarchs to serve as a knight in their court, or set up shop in one of the five great cities of the realm.
Player ownership of in-game assets is a central mechanic, with players being able to hold land deeds which allow them to claim parts of the wilderness and set up holdfasts ranging from small farms to massive cities. In Mirandus, you decide who you will be and choose your own quest in the epic fight against evil.
Gala Games are breaking down barriers to bring our gaming community joy, entertainment, and real-world value. At Gala Games, they work remotely and flexibly, with values based on openness and ownership and the ability to deliver games, experiences, and opportunities to people across the world.
As a UI Artist, you will…
- Partake in Major wireframing application
- Understand the game design documents to implement the intended user experience
- Design and implement platform-specific user menus and interfaces and preserve the uniformity of the visual and logical aspects of the user interfaces for all platforms
- Interact and collaborate with team members from different work units (design, art, programming, etc.)
- Understand the implementations and respect technical constraints
- Ability to quickly concept and iterate on ideas combined with excellent communication skills and willingness to take direction and accept critical review of your work
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Roughly 3-5 years of professional development creating user interfaces and HUDs for games
- Expert level Photoshop/Illustrator abilities, including painting and illustrating polished visuals
- Expertise with Unity Editor and using the Canvas system
- Excellent attention to detail for both aesthetic and technical quality
- A self-starter, the ability to take minimal direction and run with it
Bonus points if you…
- Have the ability to model in a 3D software package
- Are a design geek at heart – you appreciate and see the design in everything
- Have shipped Unity titles
- Are comfortable with working remotely on a full-time basis
Just some of the benefits of working with Gala Games include…
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Full Remote and Location Independence
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (US Based Employees)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Development Stipend
Interested in this role?
Then get in touch with Liam at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on +44 (0) 1709834777!