UI and UX Designer
Winkel Games – London, UK
Winkel Games are on the lookout for a UI and UX Designer to join their London-based studio, creating and publishing Casual mobile games for a wide audience.
Winkle Games' culture is about passionate and creative people, who combine data and new technologies to disrupt the mobile market. Driven by a fail-fast, test-and-learn culture, they welcome wonderfully talented people wishing to undertake unique, ambitious and challenging projects. Winkle Games aim to foster excellence, both individually and collectively, meaning solving problems by breaking the rules, learning fast and autonomously, and delivering with the greatest execution.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Creating and maintain UIs, HUDs and tutorials for products of varying complexity and scope
- Developing game-ready UI art independently
- Ensuring an intuitive and cohesive experience across all products, including differences of various platforms.
- Communicating ideas through mock-ups, wireframes, flow diagrams, animations or simple prototypes
- Justifying every part of the UI and UX
- Collaboration with game designers, developers, artists, play testers and QA throughout the full lifecycle of the product
- Conducting research and create reference materials to provide a foundation for UI design and development
The skills and experience you'll need…
- At least 2 years of professional development within UI/UX design as the sole/lead UI designer, with at least one published product publicly available
- Expertise with creating simple, elegant solutions for complex usability challenges
- Proficiency for designing detailed user flows for game features and functionality
- A track record developing UIs adapting to device screen sizes, as well as taking device specific limitations into account, such as notches and safe areas used by the device OS.
- Comprehensive understanding of layout, typography and colour theory
- Ability to add and modify UI and UI art assets directly in Unity with the help of a developer.
- Comfortable working with developers to quickly iterate UI solutions on device.
- Specialisation in Photoshop, Illustrator or equivalent visual design and wireframing tools.
- Strong desire to expand your knowledge and grow your UI/UX skill set.
- Passion for games and mobile gaming.
If you'd like to learn more information about this excellent role, or the studio in question, get in touch with us!
Call +44 (0)1709 834777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org