Beamdog – Alberta, CA (Remote Considered)
Beamdog, the company behind the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape: Torment, and Neverwinter Nights Enhanced Editions, is looking for an experienced UE4 programmer to help develop new titles and bring classics to modern platforms. As a new member of the team at Beamdog, you’ll work closely with both the art and technical disciplines.
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- 4+ years experience working as a Software Engineer, preferably within the games industry
- 1 or more shipped game titles, ideally with Unreal Engine
- Excellent understanding of C++
- Experience with game engines, preferably Unreal Engine
Your day-to-day will involve the following tasks:
- Collaborate closely with artists and developers to prototype new visual techniques
- Work with legacy projects to bring them into the modern era
- Optimise CPU/GPU performance
- Effectively communicate progress, problems, and solutions to project leadership
- Be one of the key contributors in Unreal Engine-based multiplayer games
- Advise, design, prototype, implement, and refine core game systems
- Analyse, identify, and improve game performance
- Adapt to unfamiliar areas of code or concepts when investigating a problem
- Work closely with the rest of the programming team to assist in development, being a positive contributor to improvement and integration of new code
- Coordinate with the testing team to work on fixes for bugs
- Work with members of other departments on cross-department features
- Integrate third-party SDKs and Unreal Engine updates
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work, with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, They are a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games they get to work on. Since 2009, they’ve been behind enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games, providing exciting original content to fans both new and old. Beamdog love rich stories, where players can chose their own journey, and the communities that spring up around them. Are you community minded, with a love of bringing memorable lore to players? Your contributions will help elevate the projects Beamdog work on.
In return for your skills, the perks and benefits they offer include:
- Vision, dental, and health benefits, plus extended healthcare coverage
- RRSP matching program
- Generous time off for vacation, sick days, and personal days
- Transit passes and heated underground parking
- Fully-paid gym memberships
Does it sound like Beamdog is the place for you?
If so, get in touch with Dave for more information about the role and studio.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.