Codemasters – Warwickshire, UK
Over the past 30 years, this company has consistently developed innovative and successful (and award-winning) racing games. Now, this studio is at a stage where they need YOU to join them!
This is your chance to get onboard with a talented and experienced team to re-invent and shape their most ambitious racing title ever.
As the new Tools Programmer, you will be the ultimate skilled enabler. This role will take you deeper into their games, and is a gift for those who love to tussle with practical software problem-solving.
Even for highly experienced coders, the level of complexity of game development at this studio is hugely stimulating; especially as there are so many like-minded, in-house, devs to bounce your ideas off of.
- Develop and maintain bespoke content creation tools and pipelines to the highest standards
- Research new technology, techniques and ideas
- Support a large team of artists and designers
What you'll need:
- Fluent in C++ (C# experience would be great too)
- Knowledge of asset pipeline design and implementation
- Capable of writing small standalone tools for data conversion (batch processing would be advantageous)
- A degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject such as games, computer science, maths or engineering
- Experience using version control software
- Ability to write clear and maintainable code
BONUS POINTS if you have:
- Experience of development on console and PC platforms
- A history of 3DS Max SDK or Max Script development
- Competent with scripting languages
- Strong 3D maths skills
- Confident supporting multiple projects simultaneously
- Good industry track record, such as previously published products and tools development
There's only one thing left for you to do if you want to upgrade your career…
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777