Tools Programmer (Remote)
Variable State – London, UK
***This role can be worked fully remotely from anywhere in the UK***
Variable state are looking for a talented Tools Programmer to join the team. Their small, successful studio is growing; an award-winning indie games studio based in the UK. ‘Virginia’ is the studio's debut game, released in 2016; the game was nominated for multiple awards, including 4 Independent Games Festival awards and 3 BAFTA awards.
If you’re an experienced video Tools Programmer who likes to work in an open and transparent environment (on awesome games), this could be the role for you.
They’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running and can work self sufficiently.
As a Tools Programmer, you will…
- Take ownership of hands-on prototyping, developing, implementing and maintaining key game systems
- Work closely with other team members and get your hands dirty in many areas of the project
- Deliver optimal solutions through creative thinking and technical innovation
- Follow best practices, development processes, documentation and coding standards
- Work in Unreal Engine 5 in collaboration with the wider programming team
The skills and experience you'll need…
- 2+ years of professional game development
- Previous programming role on at least one commercially released game for console or PC
- Excellent C++, software design, optimisation and debugging skillset
- Solid understanding of multiple Unreal Engine technologies; AI, Physics, Animation, Rendering, etc.
- Strong communication skills with a fluency English
Bonus points if you have skills and experience with…
- Developing for Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, Xbox One or PS4
- AAA titles on console and PC platforms
- Full development lifecycle, from prototyping through to post-release support
- Version Control software and Agile/Scrum methodologies
Interested? Want to know more?
Call 01709834777 or email email@example.com