Technical Lead (Choice of Locations)
Electronic Arts – Any EU studio
***This role can be worked from any of EA's studios in the EU***
EA are looking for a Technical Lead to to oversee the tech planning and implementation of features/tools and to lead (and build) a team of cross-functional engineers for The Sims 4.
Do you want to work for a global leader? EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The Sims 4 has an extremely unique player base, with 60% of the audience being women between the ages of 18-24. They are looking to expand on providing a world-class experience for it’s players. As part of an initiative to provide broader coverage, they are looking to establish a distributed development team based in the EU region to complement the team in Redwood Shores CA, USA.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Working collaboratively with Technical Directors, Producers, Designers, Artists, and QV partners to determine technical requirements for features and systems
- Providing cost estimates and identify technical risks and potential mitigation plans based on high-level designs.
- Helping architect and develop technical solutions for features and systems.
- Developing and debugging features in C++ and Python
- Assisting the engineering team in troubleshooting issues and providing day-to-day guidance as needed
- Reviewing technical designs and providing code reviews to ensure that feature work is completed to quality and to specifications
- Working with other Sims 4 Technical Leads and Technical Directors to enforce coding standards and engineering best practices, monitoring the quality and performance of the game, and implementing improvements to solve project-wide problems
- Coaching and mentoring the engineering team
- Facilitating communication between engineering teams at different locations
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field.
- 8+ years professional development of software in games or a related field
- Expertise with C++, object-oriented design, and implementation
- A background architecting and implementing complex game subsystems
- A specialisation with a AAA data-driven game engine, such as a commercial engine like Unreal/Unity or an internal one
- Excellent debugging capabilities and familiarity using tools to debug
- Ability to work with internally and externally developed code in a collaborative fashion
- Strong communication abilities
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience leading engineering teams and guiding other engineers through the development process.
- A familiarity working with multiple areas within the game tech stack
- A track record developing & shipping large-scale AAA games or equivalent products
- Intermediate-level knowledge of Python or above
- Mac & Gen 4 console development experience
- Experience with Live Services
Interested? To apply for this role or to learn more…
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.