Technical Lead (AI)
Ubisoft Toronto – Toronto, CA
Aardvark Swift are currently supporting Ubisoft’s Toronto studio in their search for a Technical Lead for the AI team. As a Technical Lead at Ubisoft Toronto, you’ll be an established leader, an expert in AI, who relies on past learnings to guide decisions in the present and proactively plan for the future.
You'll steer a team of programmers towards a technical vision, plus produce high-quality code and navigate constraints to turn it into reality.
With a responsibility to help your team of programmers develop their skills, you coach and mentor them, empowering them to innovate and perform at their best.
Thanks to your expertise, credibility, and reliability, not only can developers on your project turn to you for information and direction, but so can others. You’re a go-to person for guidance and a trusted advisor for Ubisoft employees worldwide.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Defining the technical vision within the project’s AI team + plan its technical roadmap
- Regularly meeting with your programming team to discuss progress; tackle setbacks; share updates; present features; give feedback; informatively and constructively explain the root causes of risks and issues etc.
- Mentoring and motivating programmers to develop their technical skills + provide them with what they need to work efficiently and achieve quality (tools, pipelines, etc.)
- Writing elegant code customised to the hardware you’re working with
- Providing technical oversight by reviewing code and making technical validations
- Anticipating and assessing complex, escalated issues + propose adapted solutions
- Syncing up with other technical leads to remove blockers and keep production moving forward
- Communicating with interdependent teams on other projects to exchange information
- Staying up to date on technological advancements and industry standards to define best practices + share them with the studio
The skills and experience you'll need…
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, or equivalent training or relevant professional background
- Around 7 years programming track record, including 2+ years of technical leadership
- A deep understanding of a variety of game engines, systems, programming languages, interdependencies, and critical issues
- The ability to make informed, immediate decisions with minimal long-term impacts
- A strategic approach to problem-solving: you don’t just patch problems, you solve them so that they never happen again
- Excellent mentorship, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- A highly innovative and collaborative spirit
- Effective cross-departmental communication: you can easily communicate with all disciplines + break down complex information for various audiences
- A desire to share your knowledge to push the boundaries of technology & help others improve their skills
Interested? To apply for this role or to learn more…
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.