Ever fancied making the move to Toronto, Canada?
I'm working with an awesome indie studio to find them a new Technical Director to oversee development of their projects. If you're passionate about providing high-level direction and still want to get your hands dirty with day-to-day development, then I'd love to hear from you!
Directors at the studio have a big influence on the decisions not just within their department but across the whole game, so I'm looking for someone who wants to take a major part in the future of the games and studio.
You will need to be an accomplished engineer that enjoys collaborating closely with engineering teams to build a technically excellent game across multiple platforms. You're someone who enjoys collaborating with art, design, and production to understand the artistic vision for a game and identify the technology needed to realise and surpass that vision.
- Own the technological vision of the company and lead the development of the technologies and systems
- Determine what technology and middleware is best suited for each project
- Ensure that each game is being built with a productive methodology and solid coding practices, technical briefs, code reviews, keeping in mind long term quality and future code sharing between projects.
- Take responsibility for recruitment, on-boarding, development and professional training of the programming team
- Propose solutions to improve the development of projects in the studio
- Identify and promote the application of technical best practices within the studio
- Maintain a strong understanding of multiplayer FPS games
- Proficiency in C++
- At least 7 years professional video game programming experience
- Previous leadership/mentorship experience, or leadership interest and potential
- Experience in developing AAA titles on multiple console platforms
- Experience in unreal 4 or similar engines
- Comfortable wandering around unexplored game design territory, and excited to help refine ideas into shippable features
Sounds like an ideal role for you? Call Jordan on +44 1709 834777 or email email@example.com