Ever fancied making the move to Toronto, Canada?
We're working with an awesome indie studio to find them a new Technical Director to oversee development of their projects.
If you're all about providing high-level direction and still getting your hands dirty with day-to-day development, then we want to hear from you!
Directors at this studio have a big influence on the decisions taken across the whole game and not just within their own departments, so you should be someone who wants to play a major part in the future of both the games and the studio.
You will need to be an accomplished engineer and enjoy collaborating with engineering teams to build a technically excellent game across multiple platforms. You will also need to enjoy collaborating with art, design, and production to understand the artistic vision for a game and identify the technology needed to realise and surpass that vision.
- Own the technological vision of the company and lead the development of the technologies and systems
- Determine what technology & middleware is best suited to project
- Ensure each game is built with a productive methodology and solid coding practices
- Take responsibility for recruitment, on-boarding, development & training of the programming team
- Propose solutions to improve the development of projects in the studio
- Identify & promote the application of technical best practices within the studio
- Maintain a strong understanding of multiplayer FPS games
- Proficiency in C++
- 7+ years professional video game programming experience
- Previous leadership/mentorship experience, or leadership interest and potential
- Experience in developing AAA titles on multiple console platforms
- Experience in unreal 4 or similar engines
- Comfortable wandering around unexplored game design territory, and excited to help refine ideas into shippable features
Interested? Get in touch! – email@example.com / +44 (0)1709 8347770