This role is with a Stockholm based studio that are behind some of the biggest and most popular mobile games in the market. They're looking to continuously improve their titles, develop new IPs and explore new game ideas, specifically within the RPG genre.
Your mission as Technical Director is to help this studio become the best mobile RPG developer in the west. You will be responsible for both short and long term technical decisions, act as a technical advisor and contribute to design, architecture and implementation. You will also help with recruitment and mentoring.
While the role is no small task you will have a unique opportunity to combine the studio’s experience of creating accessible and inclusive mass-market games with their love for RPGs.
Key tasks and responsibilities include:
- Short and long-term technical project decisions
- Recruitment, coaching & career development
- Technical support & guidance for all projects
- Supporting Producers & Programmers in planning, scheduling & prioritising projects
- Evaluating project technical feasibility & identifying risks
- Actively assist teams meet project targets & schedules
- Improve processes, tools & teamwork
Your specialist skills & experience should include:
- 15+ years industry experience
- 5+ years in a lead developer role
- Proven supervisory background
- Excellent programming skills
- Good understanding of theoretical foundations
- Proficient with a wide variety of development tools
- Strong in debugging, profiling & optimising skills
- Experienced in design patterns & software architectures
- Well versed in many application domains (networking, databases, rendering, security)
Do you fit the bill? Yes? Then what are you waiting for! Contact Jordan Bateman at email@example.com or on +44 (0)1709 834777 to find out more about the role.