Electronic Arts… need I say much more?
Well EA are one of the largest studios in the world with locations all over the world. From titles such as FIFA, Battlefield and Sims you will be part of a huge international studio.
Frostbite is EA’s state-of-the-art, multi-platform game development engine. It empowers creators to shape the future of gaming and achieve this by developing leading-edge engine features and world-class tools
The Challenge Ahead
The worldwide Frostbite team works on cutting edge AI, rendering, animation, physics and other essential engine features used across EA games.
One of the Frostbite teams in Bucharest, called “Delta” is a growing team that plays an important role in the game engine that EA has developed to empower game makers in the company. They focus on building the back-end and UI for a state-of-the-art tool suite for the Frostbite engine, which enables tracing and profiling capabilities, memory tracking, powerful real-time logging of engine information from in-game scenarios,
They are looking for a software engineer to join them as Technical Director for the Delta team. The ideal candidate is expected to become the technical leader, take over the architecture of the product and own the vision for this technology in Frostbite and across EA.
• Ownership of the architecture of the product and of leading the evolution of this architecture according to the needs of EA game studios.
• Ownership of the vision for the future of the product.
• Partnership with product management organizations to ensure the vision for the future is reflected in a realistic roadmap.
• Partnership with engineering manager and project manager to ensure the project activities are properly planned and risks are managed.
• Be a process champion: from configuration management practices to design pattern usage, drive the technical process within the team
• Ensuring our designs are simple and effective, backed up with great documentation and testing to accelerate ease of use and future maintenance of our technology.
• Provide solid estimates for new, un-scoped work.
Technical Skills for the Ideal Candidate:
• 7+ years of experience in software development on large code bases and complex products
• Proven mastery of the C++ language, OOP design patterns and the more common libraries (e.g. STL)
• Algorithmic problem solving and optimization skills
• Proven experience in architecting complex software modules/products and capabilities to understand an existing architecture.
• Multithreaded programming and debugging experience.
• Knowledge of data storage optimization and real-time database concepts is a big plus
• Knowledge of the C# language and WPF-based UI design is a big plus
• Exposure to scripting languages such as Python is a plus
• Exposure to video game development on any platform is a plus
• Experience with development of debugging/profiling tools is a plus.
Team/Process Skills for the Ideal Candidate
• Experience in Agile software development, preferably Scrum
• Strong focus on software quality, performance and testability
Still unsure? Take a look at these amazing perks to change your mind.
- Free Gym
- Free games
- Health care
- Amazing Relocation Package
- And much much more
Amazing right? Simply send me an email on Jordan@aswift.com or give me a call on 01709 834 416 to apply.