Technical Director (Remote)
nDreams (Oribital) – Farnborough, UK
Orbital, a fully remote sister studio of nDreams are looking for a Technical Director (or a Lead Programmer who is ready to take the next step in their career) to join their senior management team to help decide on the future projects, advise on the technical landscape, and build the programming team beneath them, making this an exciting opportunity to be at the heart of both a new team and project right from the start.
Orbital will be building on the knowledge and expertise that nDreams have accumulated over the years in the VR space, but with a focus developing all-new live service games that create a long-term following and keep players engaged for years to come.
As a completely Green-Field venture, they will have the speed and creative flexibility of a start-up, with the backing, resources, and expertise of an established AAA studio.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Establishing and shaping the team via hiring, managing and menting a team of developers
- Evaluating selecting and overseeing the implementation of all studio technology
- Defining, implementing and upholding best development processes & practices
- Assessing product requirements, raising technological risks and proposing solutions
- Working with the team to establish and own the production pipeline
- Hands-on development and prototyping during the initial phase of studio growth
The skills and experience you'll need…
- 7+ years of professional development in the games industry, including credits on at least 3 shipped titles (F2P, VR or AAA)
- A solid understanding of contemporary game engines and associated programming languages
- A track record of successful people management, with an ability to proactively identify problems, propose solutions and enable their team to be the best they can be
- A Comfortability working in an Agile environment and responsive to change in the face of uncertainty
- Knowledge of the technology required to build and operate live games highly beneficial
- A diverse and all-round comprehension of the games industry and technological trends
- A self-starter mentality able to forge both a fully functioning team and technology stack from the ground-up
Orbital offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, private health insurance, pension, share options, 20 days holiday (increasing yearly to a maximum of 25 days), two duvet days plus a day off to celebrate your birthday. As you’d guess, they provide all the equipment you need to create amazing VR experiences.
If you want to be a part of the future of this cutting edge concept get in touch with Phil for a confidential chat.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.