Technical Director of Design
Ubisoft Montpellier – Montpellier, FR
Ubisoft Montpellier are looking for a Technical Design Director to join their world-renowned team! At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to collaborate and grow with passionate and pioneering teams from all over the world. You will be a part of an exciting and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of imagination and technology to create worlds that fascinate our players.
As Technical Design Director you will not be directly leading anyone, but you will be the main contact between the Programming and Design team. You do not have to be able to code for this role, but an understanding of visual scripting or Blueprints would be beneficial.
This is a hands-on role, so the successful candidate will be required to work from their studio Montpellier; so you'll either be currently based in or near the city, or be open to relocation – a full relocation package can be provided if needed.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Providing UI technical support for UI artists and programmers
- Ensuring UI is as optimal as possible, acting as the gatekeeper of budget and performance
- Being the owner or "go-to person" when it come to UI Data and Assets
- Understanding UI pipelines and limitations of the tool, rise needs and requests for improvements
- Having great perception of the tool ecosystem and framework
- Integrate UI assets in game
- Bug fixing of day-to-day UI related features
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A comprehensive understanding of design pipelines for video games
- AAA experience
- An extensive background in game development, with a firm grasp of game engines
- Scripting, coding, or Blueprint skills are a bonus but not a requirement
Want to learn more about this studio and project?
Interested in this role? Want to know more? Get in touch with Dan Hawkins on 01709 834777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org