Supermassive Games – Guildford, UK
Supermassive Games, winner of the TIGA Game of the Year award for The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope, are looking to find a Technical Director to help to develop, improve and grow their team of talented programmers.
They’ve customised Unreal Engine to build a suite of powerful, world-class systems and tools that underpin their games. Now, they need a Technical Director to come in with the aim of taking them to the next level.
Their aim is to build a new franchise which delivers stylised visuals and high production values in real time, so engaging with industry-leading, next generation features for rendering content creation simulation that will intensify the player experience.
You will be a key part of the senior leadership team for one of their games, with your responsibilities including…
- Elevating the stylised world defined by the Creative Director incorporating characters and environment through cutting-edge technology, pushing the boundaries of areas such as hair and cloth simulation, cameras, vfx and lighting
- Collaborating with the other discipline directors to provide a clear vision for the game, and help to communicate that vision to the team
- Providing pragmatic technical solutions to support the features of the game
- Giving technical advice to help with project planning
- Working closely with the programming leads to ensure high quality code that meets the requirements of the game
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Breadth of knowledge of game development, spanning both the technical and creative areas of production
- An ability to communicate clearly with, and get the best out, of groups and individuals
- A capacity to rapidly understand requirements and issues in order to accurately specify solutions
- A profound programming skillset, but with a director-level perspective
- Proven track record, being a major player in the production of AAA titles
- A history shipping games on console or PC, with detailed knowledge of the SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4 and 5, Microsoft Xbox One and S|X Series, or high-end Windows PC
You'll also need to be…
- Flexible and open-minded
- Determined and self-motivated
- Prepared to rise to a challenge
- Always striving for quality
- Creative and innovative
Just some of the benefits of working with Supermassive Games…
- Creating big games with small teams, playing a full and active role in their development
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- Work-life balance
- Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge – making innovative and immersive games
Interested in hearing more about this role or other opportunities?
Get in touch for a confidential chat!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777