So, how'd you fancy joining one of the biggest publishers in the industry? Like the sound of living and working in beautiful Ireland?
If you've got a solid background in software engineering then this is the role you've been waiting for!
As the Technical Director you can expect to have a varied schedule across a range of areas, your responsibilities will include…
Strategy & Planning
- Define the roadmap for the team
- Planning & direction for integration, testing, releases & live services
- Lead tool development, services & release strategy
Implementation & Deployment
- Technical oversight & direction for local dev teams
- Establish a robust QA process
- Review & approve development releases
- Oversee internal & external project dependencies: risks, critical paths, contingencies
- Develop policy for sharing code, tech innovation, business processes & IP
- Assist with recruitment, training & coaching of engineers
For this role your skills & experience should include…
- 10+ years experience of web development frameworks as a full stack engineering lead and/or developer
- 4+ years software industry technical experience on quality verification tools, test automation and/or development process improvements
- Experience working with multiple different types of data storage technologies, such as SQL based data stores, document-based data stores (MongoDB, Couchbase, Elasticsearch etc)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Test-Driven Development & experience leading a team in implementing these principals.
- Demonstrated organisational communication & management skills
- Strong project management skills
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with containerisation (Docker) & development / deployment in a distributed hosting environment
- Able to quickly assess situations, troubleshoot complex problems & lead a team through issue resolution
- Ability to mentor, coach and develop engineer growth & professional development
Interested? Get in touch!
firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0)1709 834777