It's a perfect time to become the new Technical Director for this studio made up of veteran industry talent and well-known names as they scale up to develop an ambitious and ground-breaking new open-world game.
You will influence the technical direction of multiple teams and own the critical strategic domain of gameplay, being responsible for the technical ownership, decision making and execution within this domain.
As the Technical Director your responsibilities will include:
- The architecture for the gameplay domain; building systems & solutions with multiple teams.
- Overall technical design & code quality.
- Ensuring code is cross platform, reusable & testable.
- Collaborating across a diverse cross-disciplinary team to ensure that gameplay, physics, animation, audio, artificial intelligence & user interface goals are clearly defined.
- Partnering with design, art, animation, engineering, scripting & audio to create new features, systems, and tools that meet the project’s needs.
- Identifying technical risks & develop contingencies.
- Ensuring the coherence, efficiency, scalability, modularity & compatibility of your teams' technology.
- Manage &mentor engineering staff.
The skills & experience you'll need are:
- 10+ years of AAA game programming experience.
- Shipped multiple AAA titles with at least one in a leadership position.
- Proven experience shipping games on multiple platforms,
- Proficiency in C++.
- Strong data structures & algorithm skills; linear algebra, statistical methods & design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering practices.
- Expert understanding of networked gameplay, physics & animation.
- Broad understanding of performance optimisation techniques for a client-server architecture.
- Proven ability to grow, guide, inspire & lead engineering teams.
Interested or fancy finding out more about the role and studio?
Get in touch with Jordan on +44 (0)1709 834777 or email@example.com.