Technical Design Director
Ubisoft Paris – Paris, France
Ubisoft Paris are searching for a Technical Design Director to join their talented team .With the studio and production based in Montreuil, France, you’ll be joining the development team to work on the huge open AAA project Beyond Good & Evil 2.
Being the key stakeholder of all the critical technical design decisions, you’ll play a major part both the design process and the finished product. You'll be assessing and tracking design project needs, creating efficient methods and tools, and will be the main point of contact of game and level designers on design matters.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Defining the technical needs of the team, helping to form the creative vision (both from a design and artistic perspective) by validating and challenging the team's technical capacity to produce each feature
- Collaborating with the technical designers and programming team to make sure the production team uses the best tools, both internal and external, in order to simplify the work of other production teams via prototyping new tech elements, asking for improvements to existing tools, requesting new tools be made or by validating tools before their deployment on the project.
- Creating and maintaining the documentation of the technical process, helping to establish the best practices for the work and data structuring, improving teamwork and reducing bugs
- Sharing your knowledge with the team so the collective improves on their own skillset
- Driving your three person team towards its individual success
- Keeping track of new technical and technological developments at Ubisoft and in the industry in order to share these new learnings with the team.
- Ensuring your team participates in optimisation and debugging efforts
The skills and experience you'll need…
- Shipped at least one AAA open-world game as a technical designer or a lead technical designer
- A track record with several game engines and have used at least one terraforming or world-building tool
- An excellent level of communication in both written and spoken English
- Previous professional development in scripting (Python) or visual scripting would be a plus
Interested in learning more about this opportunity?
Get in touch with us!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777