Blackbird Interactive – Vancouver, Canada
Blackbird Interactive are looking for a passionate and experienced Technical Artist to join their team to be a key part of their art and engineering backbone. Do you want to build stylish and compelling experiences? Do you love working with teams of talented designers, artists and programmers to create ambitious in-game content? If you answered yes to both of these questions, read on to find out more!
You will be part of a small, high performing team who can crunch ideas quickly and come up with dazzling solutions to challenging problems. You'll need a collaborative approach to troubleshooting, building the tools used by the modelling artists and animators.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- The design and creation of custom asset export tools and pipelines for Maya to streamline artist workflows
- Devising high visual quality solutions within technical constraints
- Acting as a bridge between Art, Engineering and the game engine
- Generating clear and understandable documentation for tool and production pipelines
The skills and experience you'll need to succeed in this role…
- An understanding of real-time content development
- An extensive comprehension of the VFX production pipeline/tools/etc
- A proficiency with scripting (Python and MEL)
- A technical capability in animation, modelling, and texturing
- An ability to work with minimum supervision, collaborating cohesively with a small team, and taking ownership for problems while developing solutions
- A firm grasp of asset management
- An expertise in animation rigs and game animation systems
- Familiarity with modelling and game asset building
- A background in stylised game art and effects
- An ability to show initiative for creative problem solving and unorthodox solutions
- Experience working with Maya
If you're interested learning more about this role, the studio, or its culture, don't hesitate to get in touch!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777