EA Criterion – Guildford, UK/Remote
EA Criterion are looking for a Technical Artist who can help overcome the challenges of creating amazing vehicles! They need your passion for asset creation to balance optimum workflows for artists and optimum performance in engine.
Over the last twenty years EA Criterion have entertained millions of players around the world with award-winning and massively entertaining games. They are a team of accomplished people who create games with joy and passion.
At Criterion, they place enormous value on creative collaboration, fresh ideas, and unique perspective. The studio is a healthy mix of industry veterans and newcomers working together to inspire, support, and educate one another.
Your skills and workflows will empower all teams to build smart and modular content. Your knowledge will be the guide for the vehicle artists on the team, to get the best out of the engine by creating great looking optimised assets and shaders, managing art pipelines and processes and improving and automating workflows.
You will also help promote performance optimisation by defining standards and providing performance monitoring tools.
You will report to the Technical Art Director and work with the Lead Vehicle Artist, Technical Directors and Art Directors to create implementation strategies. You will work with the vehicle art team to identify recurring workflow challenges and join forces with the wider technical art team to find viable solutions.
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A passion for helping; talent to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and the skill to communicate with different audiences (artists, designers, engineers).
- Credits on at least one AAA racing game on consoles.
- Solid skillset and mentality with what it takes to achieve high-quality vehicle visuals while following memory and performance targets
- A background profiling performance and memory within game engines
- A passion for vehicle visuals and for delivering quality (including industry trends and the wisdom to know when to use them) and a solid knowledge of current and next-gen vehicle art techniques
- Multiple shipped titles on modern game engines like Unreal Engine 4, Unity or a proprietary engine
- Proficiency with 3D/2D art packages like Maya and Photoshop (Substance Suite and Houdini are a bonus)
- A history with common scripting languages like Python (C++ and C# are a bonus)
- An interest in lighting, shaders and physically based rendering
Interested in this role? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Jasmin Ali on 01709 834777 or firstname.lastname@example.org