Supermassive Games – Guildford, UK
Are you a sucker for solving problems? Do you strive to improve pipelines and workflows for artists working on huge AAA titles?
You could be Supermassive Games' new Technical Artist! Supermassive is a large, and very successful, AAA developer based in one of the UK's largest game development hubs. They already have a large catalogue of blockbusting, chart-topping, games. They include the very popular Until Dawn and a number of other cinematically beautiful, highly realistic, narrative-driven games.
You could soon be joining an experienced team of over 200 talented developers. You will be tasked with guiding the content production pipelines, helping to shape and improve performance. This includes developing shader workflows, and ensuring that art meets both the high visual quality required and performance targets. The games you will be working on are extremely high quality, you will be expected to push the boundaries of what is possible in a AAA game.
Your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Optimising shaders and advising art on how to further optimise assets and other content to fit within the technical limitations of the target platforms
- Working closely and pro-actively with the art and tech team to improve workflows and processes
- Identifying pipeline and workflow build problems and solving them, working with teams to mitigate impact on the final product
- Collaborating with other disciplines such as Lighting, VFX, Engineering and Design to create a AAA game experience
- Lead research efforts to define and maintain art production pipelines and workflows
- Help define new art workflows and identify industry trends/best practices
- Be the point of contact between team members to drive cross-department collaboration
- Mentor and help teams in cross discipline work, ensuring best practices are followed
To succeed in this role, you'll need the following skills and XP:
- 3+ years of experience working in a similar position
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- A strong portfolio of work which demonstrates the ability to create high quality artwork suitable for games
BONUS POINTS for the followings skills and experience:
- Confident with coding or scripting skills in languages such as C++ or Python
- Experience with Substance Designer and Painter
- Knowledge of high-polygon sculpting tools, such as Mudbox, ZBrush or 3D Coat (and the asset baking process)
Want to learn more about this position? Get in touch!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777