Ubisoft Toronto – Toronto, CA
Ubisoft Toronto are searching for a Technical Architect to join their team! Are you looking to work with enthusiastic experts who are tackling game-changing challenges in entertainment and beyond? Do you have what it takes lead the technological vision for some of the biggest titles in the industry?
Ubisoft Toronto was founded in 2010 and has contributed to many award-winning brands including: Assassin’s Creed®, Far Cry®, For HonorTM, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell®, and Watch Dogs®. In 2018, the team at Ubisoft Toronto developed its first new IP, Starlink: Battle for Atlas, and is leading development of Watch Dogs: Legion.
As a Technical Architect, you will analyse, recommend and/or select the best technical directions in order to maximise the project’s production capacity. Possessing an extensive knowledge of the engine code, you will establish the memory budgets and be accountable for engine performance. By supporting new and existing developments, the technical architect will produce code and set out best practices for the programming team.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Defining the technological vision, leading the design of a new engine or new features and tools when current options do not meet project needs
- Determining any necessary engine and tool enhancements to meet project needs and ensure the feasibility of these upgrades
- Ensuring the coherence, efficiency, scalability, modularity and compatibility of the features developed by the team
- Analysing and resolving engineering issues pertaining to the engine, tools and/or middleware
- In collaboration with the technical directors, communicating the technical constraints of the engine and tools to team members to inform them on production options and related best practices
- Outlining the measures required to ensure the engine’s optimal performance (FPS, memory consumption, etc.)
- Acting as a point of contact for all technical issues pertaining to the engine and tools
- With the Technical Directors and in keeping with technical constraints, ensure that project teams (graphic design, animation, etc.) have the tools required to produce content
- Evaluating existing engines and tools at Ubisoft (or outside Ubisoft) to determine their strengths and weaknesses, recommending those that best meet project objectives and expectations
- Anticipating technological advances, understanding the issues brought about by new hardware (e.g. new consoles) and implementing software systems that support these changes and possibilities
- Drafting documents on the engine and tools for later use or reference
The skills and experience you'll need…
- 10+ years of professional development in the game industry with notable titles shipped as a technical contributor
- Expertise with multiple aspects of game technology development (audio, 3D, animation, gameplay, UI, network and tools)
- Extensive knowledge of low-level C/C++ programming and debugging
- An aptness with programming and debugging of complex applications;
- A background in object-oriented programming;
- A track record that includes work withmulti-platform programming
- A comprehensive understanding of software development processes;
- Strong comprehension 3D math;
- Knowledge of refactoring techniques
If this sounds like the challenge you’re looking for then get it touch!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777