22cans Ltd – Guildford, United Kingdom
***This role can be worked remotely, however, you will be required to attend the studio on occasion when needed***
22Cans are searching for a Technical Architect to join their talented team in Guildford, UK. This is a role that will have you creating a brand new code base using C#, policing and managing the code and creating tools for the Dev Teams to use. This role can be worked remotely, however, there will be some studio time needed for meetings and briefings as required.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Collaborating with all necessary departments to ensure the delivery of high quality features that are underpinned by a well structured and maintainable codebase and pipeline
- Providing governance and technical leadership to ensure the products and services you are involved with are aligned with the design goals
- Acting as the key point of contact for all technical and structural aspects of a project
- Assisting with the design and implementation of all new features and systems
- Maintaining the code base, ensuring the proper usage of systems, and preventing code rot
- Upholding and enforcing all coding standards
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Commitment & accountability in estimation and delivering of tasks and objectives
- Working proactively with department leads to assist with all project and studio planning and scheduling needs
- Identifying and addressing risks within the development pipeline
- Establishing middleware requirements, and assisting with evaluating middleware suitability
The skills and experience you'll need…
- An expertise in C# and object-oriented programming
- A familiarity working with a large codebase
- A background working in a small team and with “multiple hat” roles
- An ability to work in a dynamic and fast changing environment
- An inquiring mind and interest in creative development solutions
- A passion for building well structured and maintainable code and pipelines within an iterative games development environment
- Credits on multiple shipped projects from start to finish
- A firm grasp of games development methodology
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively within a team environment; friendly, collaborative, pragmatic, patient
- Practical Unity knowledge is crucial
22cans are an independent games development studio who make innovative mobile games. They work with some of the world’s biggest publishers including Tencent, NetEase and DeNA, and have built a reputation for innovation within games.
They're only a small team but have a great balance made up of industry veterans, experienced devs and great new talent and are looking for ambitious people who are eager to embrace a highly creative and explorative development environment to help them to realise their vision and to reach huge audiences around the world.
To find out more about the role, the studio and it's culture contact Dave for a confidential chat
email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777.