10 Chambers – Stockholm, SE
10 Chambers is now looking for a Technical Animator to join their growing Animation Team! In the role as Technical Animator, you will help make sure Animators and Artists have the tools needed as well as making it possible for the tools to integrate smoothly into the pipeline.
10 Chambers is a fully-funded scale-up game studio backed by Tencent and based in the beautiful city of Stockholm, Sweden. They are an ambitious, creative, and collaborative team with a lifelong love for games. Having just recently released GTFO, a co-op FPS game, they are about to start working on the next project.
In this role, you will be part of creating technical solutions, rigging, tools development, in-engine implementations, performance, and general problem-solving. As a Technical Animator at 10 Chambers, you will have a proven understanding of animation and character setup in relation to game development.
You have a strong understanding of the workflows and pipelines for implementing game animations, and you'll need to be are interested in innovative approaches and open to exploring ideas and workflows. You should have some experience working in a similar role before, preferably within the gaming industry.
In this role, you will…
- Form an understanding of all required features and functions of the animation system
- Develop, test and maintain complex animation systems together with animators as well at other departments
- Work with others to make sure the animations correspond with technical, aesthetic and gameplay limits
- Research, as well as share knowledge, of existing technics and animation packages in the industry
- Write scripts and develop tools for the artists/animators
For this role, you will need…
- 3 + years' working as a Technical Animator, preferably targeted towards gaming
- Strong character rigging skills and understanding of animation principles
- Experience working with Motionbuilder
- A background working in a structured way and knowing how to prioritise tasks
- Very strong collaboration and communication skills
- Sense of initiative, originality and resourcefulness in problem-solving
- Fluent in English, written and spoken (Swedish is not a requirement)
- Unity Experience a bonus
Just some of the benefits of working with 10 Chambers include…
- Being part of an ambitious team which also practices work life balance through working hours and generous health benefits
- Learning as part of a collaborative team and growing with a fast-expanding company
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the success of 10 Chambers
- Relocation from abroad/work permit
For more information regarding this vacancy please contact Jordan Langley on +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org