Supermassive Games – Guildford, UK
The BAFTA-winning Supermassive Games are looking for a talented Technical Animator to join them and help craft high-end cinematic horror-games.
This is a hybrid role where a high level of artistic and technical expertise is required. You will be expected to turn your hand to the entire animation pipeline as necessary.
You will focus on delivering a great game experience and be involved in all aspects of the animation pipeline, collaborating with other key disciplines to implement and iterate content. From performance capture editing to hand key, realistic facial animation to ragdoll simulation. And from cinematography to in-game state machines.
Ultimately, you’ll work on the cutting edge, making innovative and immersive games.
Supermassive are an independent game developer with a reputation for innovation in storytelling and VR. Best known for the critically acclaimed PS4 hit Until Dawn and The Dark Pictures Anthology. They’re constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity and pride themselves on fast decision-making to allow good ideas to flourish.
Supermassive celebrate and nurture talent and focus on an creating a supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture with a strong work-life balance.
For this role you’ll need…
- A showreel which demonstrates a love for animation and the ability to create high-quality work
- Demonstrable technical aptitude for scripting, simulations, state machines or similar
- Experience of Maya, MotionBuilder, Unreal Engine 4. Houdini would be an advantage as well
- A willingness to give and receive constructive feedback in order to improve and grow
Bonus XP Points if you have…
- Python Scripting skills
- Experience running physics simulations
- Experience with motion capture editing
- The ability to create realistic bipedal animation
- Knowledge of realistic facial animation, rigging and skinning
- Cinematography and editing experience
- State machine creation
Perks and benefits of working at Supermassive Games include…
- 25 days annual leave
- Private health insurance
- Pension and life assurance x6 time annual salary
- Quarterly profit related bonus scheme
- Social events – including large summer party
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please contact Jordan Langley at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834 777.