Like the sound of joining a Bafta award-winning AAA studio based in the popular games development hub of Guildford?
This large AAA developer already has a high number of cinematically beautiful, narrative titles under their belt. Do you want to be part of the Animation team behind these masterpieces? Of course you do!
Guildford itself is home to a large number of tech and video game companies and is easily commutable from certain areas of London, it's fast becoming the UK's answer to Silicon Valley!
In your new role as Technical Animator, you will be creating high-quality rigs for spectacular heroes and villains, both humanoid and creature. You'll work closely with an experienced animation team which has plenty of high-quality and successful AAA projects under their belt. Your role will be to ensure the animation team's workflow is at optimum quality and efficiency.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Working with the animation team to define and create animation rigs for characters, creatures and props
- Own the skinning process for a variety of rigged assets
- Act as the bridge across both technical and creative disciplines
- Character / prop deformation (bones, blend shapes, displacement maps)
- Creating tools and scripts which increase productivity of the art team and other content creators
- Debugging problems in engine and provide solutions
- Foreseeing potential issues and communicating effectively to department leads
- Critiquing assets on an ongoing basis to drive continual improvement and ensure quality across the game within defined budgets
To be successful in this role you should be:
- Competent with advanced Maya skills
- Capable of creating rigs for video games
Additional knowledge of any of the following would give you BONUS POINTS:
- Maya scripting languages
- AAA experience
- Motion Builder
Have we piqued your interest? Want to learn more about this position and the studio? Get in touch with Dan to arrange a confidential chat.
Email Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on +44 (0)1709 834777.