Talent Acquisition Manager
Aardvark Swift – Rotherham, UK
Aardvark Swift are on the lookout for a new Talent Acquisition Manager to join the team!
When you work with us, you’ll soon realise that we’re not your average recruitment agency. Our passion for the job shines through in everything we do.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and experienced Recruiter to join an award-winning recruitment agency in a thriving market.
You will receive ongoing support and coaching throughout your probation period whilst you learn the market and embed yourself into your new role. As a Talent Acquisition Manger, you will be accountable for successfully sourcing, screening, and bringing fresh talent into the business.
We excel at placing great candidates in their dream jobs, and we’ve been doing it for over 30 years, developing a huge network of industry contacts along the way, and evolving alongside the studios and brands we work with. We believe this experience, combined with our forward-thinking and fresh approach, makes us the best in the business.
We hire, promote, and develop the team at Aardvark Swift in line with our core values, which we really do live and breathe.
We’ve invested in improving our offices, taking on the adjoining premises to create a collaborative working environment. We’ve now developed a breakout and gaming area complete with a shiny new next gen console, gym equipment, showers, and a new kitchen diner.
To make sure we’re supporting the team as much as possible we’ve recruited a full time L&D Manager to keep us moving forward and developing the team at Aardvark.
We’re also working towards improving the diversity of the Aardvark team, this is one of the mission goals for our Talent Acquisition Manger as we continue to grow.
Your role will be fundamental in helping the business to recruit for top talent across all areas of the business. We are a thriving business who do a quarterly intake of Talent Sourcers who work through a structured training program before progressing onto the role of Trainee Recruiter. We also regularly recruit for more experienced Recruiters and Marketeers. You will be responsible for identifying hiring needs across the business in line with our growth plan, sourcing candidates, and ensuring they have a positive experience throughout the interview and onboarding process.
You’ll be responsible for employer branding and will be an advocate for the business, encouraging applications from across the region. As Aardvark Swift are a niche agency serving the exciting world of video games, we appeal to both experienced recruiters emerging talent from other disciplines including sales and customer service professionals; you’ll be resourceful and be able to think outside of the box for generating candidates. You’ll also facilitate recruitment for apprentices and manage the work experience placements with local universities and colleges.
This is a varied role where no two days are the same! The position would suit an agency recruiter who loves recruitment but wants to move away from sales. We are looking for an enthusiastic induvial who can follow a set process and has good administration skills. You will be a great communicator and have fantastic people skills.
As our Talent Acquisition Manager, you will…
- Managing the “work for us” mailbox
- Write job descriptions and advertisements
- Maintaining candidate records on the CRM system and ensuring all candidates details are up to date
- Reviewing internal applications
- Screening candidates with a list of questions to determine if they are the right fit for the role and the culture of the business.
- Feeding back to the SMT on the candidates you think are a good fit against the job description / person specifications
- Organising first stage interviews of successful candidates and sending interview confirmations.
- Organising all archaic candidates on the CRM system – reaching out to people we have not spoken too recently and updating files, as necessary
- Managing relationships with candidates who may be right for ASR in the future.
- Build a valuable Linked In network of local recruiters to develop a pool of candidates we can access in the future
- Build and manage LI Recruitment Projects
- Manage a social media presence to help build your personal brand and our Employer Brand attracting new candidates who will see us a great employment option to launchpad or continue their recruitment career
- Writing offer letters and completing employee references.
- Rejecting candidates in a constructive manner and providing interview feedback
- Managing the onboarding process, creating induction schedules, and putting together welcome packs
- Remaining GDPR compliant always in line with internal and governmental guidelines.
- Feeding back to the SMT regarding your deliverables to ensure recruitment activity is on track and aligned to the wider company plans
For this role, you'll need…
- Good commercial acumen with a desire to learn how the business works and how the various departments are aligned and work together
- To be an experienced Recruiter with a minimum of 3 years' experience – either from an agency or internal role
- To be highly organised and have the confidence to plan your day to ensure all tasks are completed efficiently
- Offer support for your peers and are happy to get involved in other business areas as the internal workload demands
- Genuine desire to help people develop – a natural coaching ability
- Excellent communication skills – and feel confident when speaking with your candidates and the team
- To be a completionist – making sure all candidates who enter the recruitment process are fed back to and a positive relationship maintained
- Confidently communicate with internal stakeholders and can use influencing skills to explain your decision on candidates you would like to progress through the recruitment process
- To be a high energy team player, ready to work in a highly driven environment
Aardvark Swift is a thriving business; a direct result of a team that embody our values!
- We’re TEAMCENTRIC; positive team players who support each other.
- We are RESOURCEFUL; we adapt and are not fazed by a challenge!
- We DELIVER; accountable, taking ownership and producing results.
- We GRAFT; we work hard and give everything our best shot.
- We go ABOVE AND BEYOND; we’re prepared to go the extra mile when needed.
Interested? Want to know more? Get in touch with Glenn Spenceley at +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email email@example.com