System Software Engineer (Remote Options)
EA Madrid – Madrid, Spain
Electronic Arts are searching for an Systems Software Engineer for their Madrid studio. In this role, you will be responsible for developing game and infrastructure features for the NBA Live franchise, as well as improving and maintaining existing code.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Write technical design specifications
- Creating and maintaining game engine components
- Developing common code to extend existing EA proprietary shared libraries
- Profiling and optimising software components
- Utilising existing code bases & libraries, including contributing to and/or authoring Best Practices and SE Guidelines
The skills and experience you'll bring to the role..
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent training and professional experience
- Proficiency with C++
- Professional development in a Client/Server environment
- Basic SQL or MySQL knowledge is preferred
- A background in object-oriented design and implementation
- Demonstrable knowledge of good software engineering practices
- An in-depth of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization
- Strong mathematical skillset including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra
- An ability to test, debug, and extend other Software Engineer's code competently
- A capacity to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- Experience with scripting languages (Perl, Python, Lua) and C#. is an asset
- Knowledge and experience using Flash and specifically in tandem with Actionscript is an asset.
EA Sports is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling game franchises, award-winning innovation, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences dedicated to growing the love of sports. They' re famed for AAA titles such as FIFA, Madden NFL, NHL, NBA LIVE, and EA SPORTS UFC.
EA also provide a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical and life insurance, pension plan, meal vouchers, stocks programs, fitness reimbursement, flex benefit program…and of course, free games!
Interested? Contact me for a confidential chat about the role, studio and their culture.
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834 777.