Studio Development Director
Splash Damage – London, UK
Splash Damage are on the lookout for a Studio Development Director to join the Project Management Office (PMO) and support all the complexity inherent from overseeing the quality of project management across their projects. In this role. you will be responsible for creating, implementing, and continuously improving highly effective processes, tools, and development methodologies which can be established across all development teams.
As a Studio Development Manager, you will…
- Conduct and own project management audit review process, ensuring advanced auditing of all documents required and providing a summary report with defined actions required
- Promote the usage of best practices for project management for all projects, both simple and complex
- Provide consulting for troubled projects
- Develop project management training, certification, and development processes within the organisation so we become a centre of excellence for project managers
- Increase the level of assured competence in the project management discipline
- Establish a commonality of process and standardisation of terminology
- Help define standardised processes for defining, initiating, and monitoring a project
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve Splash Damage production processes and drive improvements across consistency, budget management, quality, and on-time delivery
- Build and ensure effective execution of Splash Damage production reporting and change management
- Support with project tracking, reporting, and stage gate reviews
- Assist in the development and deployment of the development framework for Splash Damage
- Creation and management of ‘How to’ documentation and video training.
- Create project management development programmes which reflect project requirements, the needs of the discipline, and overall objectives for the company.
- Standardise project management artifact templates in a central repository
- Supervise/shepherd our PMO processes across all studio projects, ensuring operational excellence
- Help mentor project management staff through each of the development phases for their projects
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and collaboration across projects
- Drive external stakeholder alignment rituals, including Stage Gate Reviews with Studio Leadership
- Develop scalable value-driven processes
- Help with studio reporting covering inter-department data (allocation, utilisation, attendance, task tracking, etc.)
- Coordinate, collect, and analyse project data from various stakeholders across the business
- Assist with improving PMO systems and tools, as well as developing project management artefact templates
- Drive documentation standards using a centralised PMO knowledge base
- Evaluate the competencies of project managers to not only recruit the right candidates, but also to improve project manager’s professional development.
- Monitor and compare planned objectives, requirements, risks, schedules, and budgets against what is being delivered for each project
For this role, you will need…
- Expansive experience in hands-on game development project management; ideally delivering AAA games in a Development Director capacity, or similar
- Deep knowledge of project management tools/software (e.g., Excel, Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, and Teams.)
- Exceptional communication skills, analytical skills, and attention to detail
- Ability to plan, organise, and navigate between multiple projects and priorities
- Skilled in various project management methodologies (Agile, Kanban, Waterfall, etc.)
- Social intelligence, strong interpersonal skills, and empathy for creative teams.
Splash Damage believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, they’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way
Their studio culture is rooted in an open, friendly, and collaborative environment. their games are made by people from all over the world, from entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and they believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both games and their studio. They have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While their offices are based in Bromley, UK, their people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
Just some of the benefits of working with Splash Damage include…
- Working your way, with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from the team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Daniel at +44 (0)1709 834 777 now or emil firstname.lastname@example.org now!