Software Engineer (Test)
EA – Guildford, UK
Fancy working at a world-renowned studio who do their best to ensure your needs, career, and personal life are all well balanced?
You’ll soon become part of a dynamic work environment with several fitness perks, discount programs, and even free games for you to enjoy! You'll also have your own dedicated studio barista; how awesome is that?
You will be an essential contributor to the automation efforts by collaboratively identifying areas suitable for testing, designing scripts, and implementing these using existing framework and tools. Being embedded means that you will work together with their developers and quality analysts to determine solutions, accounting for the unique demands that automating specific technology brings.
You will improve the existing test methods and open up new capabilities for the entire team. The engine was created to be used by a variety of game makers, so you will work on a plethora of areas. This includes everything from user-facing features to back-end technology. As a SET, you will be an important part of Frostbite. The work you do will improve the quality process and capabilities of the entire team.
What are the skills and XP you'll need for this role?
- 2+ years experience with C# (.NET) and C++
- Experience working collaboratively with team members on a common code base using version control tools (Perforce/Git)
- Familiarity with common automation technology and frameworks, including automated functional tests and unit tests (MS Test framework)
You'll get BONUS POINTS for:
- Experience with Python (or other scripting languages)
- Competent with software development processes, continuous integration, and build systems
- Experience with game engines (Unity and Unreal Engine)
- Have worked in an Agile/Scrum work environment
Interested in learning more about this exciting role at EA?
Get in touch!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777