Software Engineer (Test)
Criterion – Guildford, UK
Fancy working at a world-renowned studio who do their best to ensure your needs, career, and personal life are all balanced?
You’ll soon become part of a dynamic work environment with several fitness perks, discount programs and even free games! You'll also have your own dedicated studio barista; how awesome is that?
Your role will be to build last-mile global reporting solutions that depict player evolution year-over-year in this studio's AAA titles, innovating real-time delivery methods and ensuring the needs of the team are met.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Working with other engineering and development teams to understand and analyse requirements
- Identifying problem areas and translating them into technical designs
- Leading technical design and implementation of features for advanced game automation services and infrastructure
- Guiding, inspiring and empowering other engineers on your team
- Designing underlying database schema, interfaces, and planning for capacity
- Implementing high-quality code with comprehensive unit testing
- Fixing bugs raised from stabilisation, integration, and production
- Working on migrating legacy systems to new platforms
- Troubleshooting issues raised from production and resolving customer problems
- Evaluating and adopting technologies which improve team efficiency and platform capabilities
- Code reviewing peer developer’s code and sharing feedback to ensure consistency and quality
- Employing JIRA to organise and manage development tasks and backlog
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed include:
- Deep expertise with Java, C#, C++, and solid computer science background including algorithm and data structures
- Experience of automated testing services, systems, and methodologies for large-scale automated software testing (preferably within games)
- Familiar with or have worked previously within different engineering disciplines of game development
What the studio is offering in return:
- Great compensation package
- Central location in Guildford (five minutes from the main trainstation)
- Private medical insurance and dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- On-site café
- 25 days holiday (including three day company shutdown between Christmas and New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games area
Interested in learning more?
Get in touch!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777