Criterion Games – Guildford, UK
Fancy working at a world-renowned studio who do their best to ensure your needs, career, and personal life are all balanced?
You’ll soon become part of a dynamic work environment with several fitness perks, discount programs, and even free games for you to enjoy! You'll also have your own dedicated studio barista; how awesome is that?
Your role will be to build last-mile global reporting solutions that depict player evolution year-over-year in this studio's AAA titles, innovating real-time delivery methods, and ensuring the needs of the team are met.
You’ll partner closely with colleagues and peers within the QV group, as a part of a greater organisation that shapes the services necessary to provide essential foundational services to studio teams working on the latest and greatest games. All in all, this is an opportunity to determine what automation and game testing means within game development.
Your day-to-day will include:
- Work with other engineering and development teams to understand and analyse requirements, identify problem areas and translate them into technical designs
- Lead technical design and implementation of features for advanced game automation services and infrastructure
- Guide, inspire and empower other engineers on your team
- Design underlying database schema and interfaces, whilst planning for capacity
- Implement high-quality code with comprehensive unit testing
- Fix bugs raised from stabilisation, integration, and production
- Work on migrating legacy systems to new platforms
- Troubleshoot issues raised from production and resolve customer problems
- Critically evaluate and adopt technologies which improve team efficiency and platform capabilities
- Code review peer developer’s code and share feedback to ensure consistency and quality of code
- Employ JIRA to organise and manage development tasks and backlog
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed include:
Expertise in Java, C# or C++, with a solid computer science background including Algorithm and Data Structures
Experience of automated testing services, systems, and methodologies for large-scale automated software testing (preferably within games)
A history of having worked within different engineering disciplines of game development, whether graphic programming, networking engineering or engine development, etc
The studio will offer you in return:
- Great compensation package
- Central location in Guildford (five minutes from main train station)
- Private medical insurance and dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free onsite gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- On-site café
- 25 days holiday (including 3 days company shutdown days between Christmas and New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games area
Interested in learning more?
Contact the programming team!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777