Software Engineer (Physics)
Criterion Games – Guildford, UK
Fancy working at a world-renowned studio who do their best to ensure your needs, career, and personal life are all balanced?
You’ll soon become part of a dynamic work environment with several fitness perks, discount programs, and even free games for you to enjoy! You'll also have your own dedicated studio barista; how awesome is that?
As the new Software Engineer, focusing on vehicle physics, you'll join the vehicle design team and build the next generation of physical handling models. This studio is looking for someone who can push the boundaries of playful handling, with a focus on the second-to-second experience, making them accessible to all. It needs to be a rewarding and satisfying feeling every time anyone picks up a controller.
What will you be doing?
- Working with Design, Art and Engineering teams in a structured and iterative way, taking a hands-on role in developing physical handling setups across a diverse range of vehicles
- Find the sweet spot between authenticity and fun that makes every ride a thrilling experience
- Develop systems and models that provide an awesome gaming experience with technology used by other leading EA titles such as Battlefield and FIFA
The following skills and XP are required to succeed in this role:
- Development experience on console
- Provable skill in C++
- Experience with modern console APIs and architectures (including PC)
- Comfortable developing physics and vehicle dynamics is a bonus
- A passion for delivering amazing features that establish a game
- Maths / mechanics skills
What will you get from working at this studio?
- Great compensation package plus annual bonus scheme
- Central location in Guildford (five minutes from the trainstation)
- Private medical insurance and dental care
- Pension scheme
- Life insurance
- Stock plans
- Free on-site gym
- Employee discounts
- Rail season ticket loan
- Annual game points and digital download allowance
- On-site café
- 25 days holiday (including three days company shutdown between Christmas and New Year)
- Two annual staff parties (Summer and Christmas)
- Casual dress code
- Games area
Interested in learning more about this role?
Contact the programming team!
Email email@example.com or call on +44 (0)1709 834777