Shared Tech Java Backend Developer (Remote Options)
King – Barcelona, ES
Aardvark Swift is supporting King in their search for Shared Tech Java Developers for their team! They are looking for Java Backend Developers at different levels of seniority, from Junior to Senior. For this particular team, having at least two years of commercial experience is crucial.
King operates mobile games at a massive scale. With titles like Candy Crush, Bubble Witch and Farm Heroes. Their code runs on hundreds of millions of devices across the world.
The engineering team in Barcelona is responsible for building complex, high-scale, real-time systems, working closely with other parts of the business to support the marketing activities for our popular games.
As a Shared Tech Java Developer, you will…
- Take responsibility for the quality of what the team creates, helping to establish good practices
- Weigh in on technical decisions, facilitating decision making and contributing to the department technology.
- Help the team grow, both in number, supporting the hiring process, and personally, mentoring team members into clean code and quality mindset
- Design, architect and help implement features required to have healthy tools
- Deliver code and support documentation of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis
- Work with skilled colleagues that are committed to delivering the best products possible
- Work in an agile environment, where your opinions matter
- Share knowledge and help colleagues both inside and outside of your team
- Ensure their systems perform, and are reliable, scalable and secure
Programming experience and dedication for quality technology as well as the willingness to share great ideas are equally valued.
They’re looking for someone who…
- Has strong Computer Science fundamentals, Design Patterns and Object Oriented knowledge
- Is fluent in modern Java, experienced in databases and web development in general
- Is proficient in web protocols, application servers and web servers
- Writes high-quality, maintainable code, cares about it and is willing to further improve their practices
- Can get up to speed on new codebases quickly
- Is a team player, has good communication skills and can easily work with new people
- Is used to shell scripting and UNIX environments
- Is an engineer and not scared of SOLID, TDD or other acronyms
- Is a team player who likes to discuss solutions and ideas
- Strives to be a genius in their area of expertise
Bonus points if you are…
- Used to TDD
- Knowledgable of GCP
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top-grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. King design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and they employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Interested? To apply for this role or to learn more…
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777.