Codemasters – Southam, UK
Based at their purpose-built Southam studio, Codemasters are looking to recruit a Server Developer to join the team. Working closely with other server developers, BI developers, Game Devs and tech teams, you will be responsible for developing analytics server capabilities, ensuring that data solutions are working as expected and will be given ownership of our analytics server development tools.
Codemasters have been making iconic games for over 30 years and in that time, have become the world’s leading developer of AAA racing games such as DiRT and Grid as well as being the official home of the Formula One franchise. What they create aren’t just games, they are industry leading simulations and having recently joined the EA family, they are only going to get better and better.
This is a challenging and varied role with lots of exposure across the wider business, including our development teams, and has a lot of potential for future career development within the expanding team. It would be great if you have previously worked in the games industry but not essential.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Working with the analytics team to design and develop data products and models that will help optimise Codemasters' games
- Collaborating with other Server Developers to develop and scale up analytics APIs solution and update it when needed
- Combining efforts with the analytics team to enrich the data gathering from the games and work with game developers to find new solutions
- Debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting issue related to the server side for analytics products
- Taking ownership of analytics server development tools
- Participating in developing and scaling up segmentation capabilities
- Working with EA tech teams on server integration of analytics solutions
- Liaison with game studios, IT, 3rd parties and other teams to make sure data is implemented as per design and that data flows with minimal data issues
- Debugging, monitoring, and troubleshooting BI and Data solutions
- Taking part in evaluation process and implementation of new technologies that will help the analytics team to optimize the results of the company
The skills and experience you'll need…
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent with proven experience as a Server Developer
- A proficiency in C++ / C# / Java
- High skill level with SQL
- Expertise with REST APIs and SDK implementation
- Working experience with MongoDB and cloud solutions such as Azure, AWS and GCP
Bonus points if you have…
- Experience of working in a Big Data environment and toolset; this would be extremely beneficial
If you are interested in hearing more about this role or would like to apply, contact Phil at Aardvark Swift at 01709 834777 or email email@example.com