Senior/Lead Character Artist
Firesprite – Liverpool, UK
This is an amazing opportunity to join a fledgling studio in the vibrant heart of Liverpool. Founded by a cult team of developers who have created an envious portfolio of titles across many different genres, this studio are looking to add new and exciting talent to their team – that could be YOU!
They are looking for an experienced Senior/Lead Character Artist with a proven ability to work from concept through to publish ready in-game assets, both in a realistic and stylistic design. You will get to work with a dedicated and talented team that has delivered some amazing quality titles, on a game that is destined to be a hit!
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Create high quality models, textures, and materials for game-ready 3D characters
- Work closely with the Art Director and concept team to conceptualise designs for the game characters
- Produce assets from concept art and design briefs
- Collaborate with animators and VFX artists to breathe life into characters
- Assist in defining the character art pipeline
- Deliver on the spec given by the Art Director by helping to set and maintain a high-quality bar for the projects character art
The skills and XP you'll need to succeed:
- Experience working in a Senior Character art role on at least one published AAA title (a strong non-senior candidate would be considered)
- Portfolio of work demonstrating a strong capability of producing game ready character art
- Strong core art skills with an advanced understanding of anatomy and proportion
- Outstanding creativity and a desire to contribute ideas to the project
- Advanced knowledge of Maya and Zbrush
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Skilled using the Substance tools
- Capable with creating textures suitable for a PBR pipeline
- Experience in creating both organic and hard surface assets
- A strong knowledge of current game art pipelines and methodologies in terms of character art production
- Friendly and approachable personality
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Outstanding communication skills both written and verbal
- A passion and understanding of what makes AAA games great
- Highly self-motivated and shows initiative
- Avid and passionate gamer
Interested in learning more about this role?
Get in touch with us!
Email email@example.com or call +44 (0)1709 834777