Senior World Designer
Do you fancy a move to gorgeous Hamburg with some of Europe's best art galleries, concert halls, nature reserves and restaurants at your fingertips? You'll be able to get the beers in too without feeling the pinch on your pocket as your new employer will be helping you out with the move… leaving you to explore your new city at ease!
You'll be joining an established team of over 80 people, working from state-of-the-art facilities in the centre of Hamburg. This vibrant metropolitan location also leaves you a short hop from Berlin, meaning you can also explore Germany's capital city at your leisure on a weekend.
In this specific role, you will part of a small Design team developing a grandiose Space Shooter for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. This crew that you will be leading will consist of Designers who are all wanting to create a fantastic and exciting world.
- Conception of game ideas for a new unannounced game
- Development of gameplay mechanics and systems
- Conception of world and level designs in cooperation with other team members and departments
- Review and correct gameplay and balancing issues
- Design and iterate balance of the games in-game economy
- Produce and take ownership of design specs, balance spreadsheets, and other game documentation
- Creation of game design documents (GDDs) and vision statements
- 5+ years of work experience as a Game Designer in the games industry
- Been a part of 2 full game development cycles
- Experience in envisioning, communicating and creating engaging game worlds
- Confident in owning Game Design features
- A lot of creativity
- Experience in the development of console games
- Basic knowledge of game and graphic engines and preferably professional production experience in Unreal 4.
Sounds good? For more info give Molly a call on +44 (0)1709 834777 or email me at Molly@aswift.com