Senior Weapons Artist
Do you want to work with an award-winning team as a Senior Weapons Artist for Payday, one of the most iconic and recognized brands in the games industry?
As a Senior Weapon Artist, you will be responsible for the creation and development as well as planning and priority of the in-game assets. You will be driving and developing the structure and setup of the weapon pipeline. This puts high demand on technical knowledge and performance as well as visual quality and experience. The role requires you to be able to multi-task and possess good communication skills both spoken and written. As a senior, you'll be self-driven and motivated to take your specific area, evolve and drive it with minimum inputs if necessary.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Modelling, texturing and implementation of weapon models
- Working with shaders and content setup
- Following references, concepts, and art direction while also having the initiative to take the work further independently
- Identifying functional and technical aspects of real life assets
- Participating in design choices and communicating with peers, managers and vendors
- Working closely with the team and mentoring junior talent, to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive
- Establishing and maintaining the weapons pipeline
The skills and experience you'll need…
- At least 6 years of professional development as a 3D artist within games;
- Credits on at least 2 released AAA games
- A great sense of scale and proportions, materials, colour and light;
- Fluency in English with a good communication skillset, both verbally and in writing
- Extensive knowledge and history working with shaders, pipeline and PBR
- Comprehensive understanding and interest in both technical setups and mechanical functions
- Proven capability with asset creation, in-game model, UV layout, LODs, Collision
- Great understanding of real-time graphics with proven experience in creating realistic looking weapons.
Want to learn more about this studio and this role?
Get in touch with us!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0)1709 834777