Senior VFX Artist
Starbreeze – Stockholm, SE
Starbreeze are on the lookout for a Senior VFX Artist to join their team in Stockholm!
Do you want to work with an award-winning team creating content for one of the most iconic and recognized brands in the games industry? Millions of fans around the world follow PAYDAY with passion, and the art content continues to be a core part of this success.
As a Senior VFX Artist, you will be responsible for the creation and development, as well as planning and priority of, the in-game VFX assets. You'll relish the challenge of working within Starbreeze's technology to create cutting-edge art and are as technically driven as you are aesthetically great. The role requires you to be able to multi-task and possess good communication skills, both spoken and written.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Creating and implementing Visual effects and pushing them beyond the industry standards
- Being able to follow references, concepts, and art direction while also having the initiative to take the work further independently
- Driving VFX development and communicate with peers, managers, and vendors
- Working closely with the team to ensure that quality is consistent and cohesive
For this role, you'll need…
- At least 4 years of experience working as a VFX Artist within the games industry
- An understanding of real-time graphics and have worked on at least one released title
- Proven and strong artistic skill set, a good sense of scale and proportions, materials, colours, and light
- A hands-on work ethic with good communication skills
- Fluency in English, both verbally and in writing
You'll also have…
- Working knowledge of Unreal, its graphic pipeline, workflows, and best practices
- Experience in creating effects in Niagara.
- Routine experience in creating, implementing, and optimizing VFX for games
- A background in Houdini and/or FumeFX in Maya/3DSMAX
- A history of modelling simple shapes for FX used in Maya/3DSMAX
- Knowledge of Photoshop for texture editing and creation
- Experience and understanding of PBR is a plus
- The ability to work in a team, communicate well, and be proactive
- A knack for time estimations, assessments, and prioritizing
- Advanced knowledge in shaders, such as vector math and basic Graphics rendering.
- Experience in creating your own destruction simulations / Cloth simulations / Liquid simulations / Pyro simulations
Just some of the benefits of working with Starbreeze include…
- Competitive salaries with yearly reviews
- Yearly wellness benefit
- Referral bonuses
- 6 weeks paid vacation per year
- Pension on top of salary, ≈50% above collective agreement standard
- Relocation support if you move from abroad
- Ideal office location in central Stockholm
Interested? Want to know more?
Get in touch with Liam on +44 (0)1709 834 777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now!